Caramelized Onion White Pizza with Prosciutto and Fried Egg
- 1 ball store bought pizza dough (room temp.)
- 6 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 large yellow onions
- 1 cup fresh mozzarella
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 clove garlic (peeled and minced)
- 2 tbsp. parmigiano-reggiano grated
- Pre-heat oven to 450 and grease baking sheet.
- Stretch dough to edges of pan and grease with oil.
- For the Caramelized Onions: Preheat a large saute pan over low heat and add the olive oil. Add the onions and cook, stirring occasionally, to prevent browning for about 30 to 45 minutes. Add more olive oil as necessary and deglaze the skillet with a tablespoon of water if brown bits form on the bottom of the skillet. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mozzarella, ricotta, garlic, and thyme and stir until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spread the mozzarella mixture on top of the crust and add the caramelized onions in an even layer. Add pieces of prosciutto and sprinkle the Parmigiano-Reggiano on top. Place in the oven on the bottom rack to bake until the crust is golden brown, about 12-14 minutes.
- Top with fried egg and garnish with parsley!
- Tip: Cover dough with a towel and allow to come to room temperature and slightly rise before stretching on the baking sheet. If the dough bounces back after stretching, allow the dough to rest for additional time at room temperature.